Last Updated: Oct 27, 2022
If you choose not to provide the information required to provide AKOi or functionality, that AKOi or functionality will not be available and we may suspend or cancel that function. Providing personal information is optional and if you choose not to share your personal information, AKOi's ability to use this information is not suitable for you.
1. How we collect personal information
We rely on a variety of legal reasons and authority ("Legal Basis") to collect and process information. The legal bases for our collection and processing of information include consent, performance of a contract, compliance with legal obligations and our legitimate interests.
1.1 Information We Collect
We collect the following specific personal information and other technical data from your computer or mobile device when you use our AKOi.
Our AKOi requires you to provide information about the child in your care, such as name, gender, date of birth and weight. To personalize the application, you need to upload the desired photo and provide the name of the user. We also collect personal information when you use some of our AKOi. For example, AKOi Heart provides breathing, flipping, and diaper sensor information.
1.1.2 Device Information.
To use the application, you need to provide some basic device information.
- MAC address of the device. Required for better performance.
- Device IMSI information. Required to provide more stable network services.
1.1.3 Location and Device Usage Information.
Some AKOi require location permissions to enable real-time monitoring and notifications, even when running in the background. We may also receive information from your device, including IP addresses and unique device identifiers, to improve AKOi.
1.1.4 Communication Information
When you contact us directly, you are providing us with information that may include personal information. For example, when you email our customer support team or register to receive updates about new AKOi, you provide us with your email address, the content of messages or attachments you send us, and any other information you choose to provide.
2. How we use your personal information
We use the information we collect for the following purposes.
2.1 AKOi-related uses
We use your information for a variety of product-related purposes, including, but not limited to, to ensure that AKOi functions properly, to improve AKOi, to customize our services, and to support research and development for future commercial products.
2.2 User Contact
We use your information to communicate with you. For example, we may verify your account and send emails to the email address you provide for informational and operational purposes, such as account administration or customer service.
2.3 AKOi Research Development
3. How we disclose personal information
3.1 Service Providers
We may share your personal information with vendors, service providers, and other third parties who perform services on our behalf. For example, these services may include, but are not limited to, AKOi testing, customer support, and services that enable AKOi to function properly.
3.2 Merger, Sale or Transfer of Other Assets
We reserve the right to transfer your information to service providers, advisors, potential trading partners or other third parties in connection with the consideration, negotiation or completion of corporate transactions in which we are acquired, merged with or sold by another company, liquidating or transferring all or part of our assets.
3.3 As Required by Law and Similar Disclosures
We may disclose information about you.
- In the case that we are required to do so by law, regulation or legal process, such as a court order or subpoena;
- In response to requests from government agencies such as law enforcement;
- In the case that we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect against or respond to physical, financial or other damage, personal injury or property loss;
- To protect our rights;
- To enforce our agreements, policies and terms and conditions;
- With your consent;
- In connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity; .
4. Personal Information Safety Protection
We are committed to ensuring that your personal data is secure. To prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, or other similar risks, we have put in place reasonable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to protect the information we collect. We have put in place the following security procedures and technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data.
- Your personal data is stored on secure servers protected in controlled facilities.
- In the data center, clusters containing sensitive data are grouped together in a network topology and placed in a room with additional physical security protections.
- Data exchanged between AKOi devices and servers is encrypted using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL).
- Regularly review information collection, storage, and processing practices, including physical security measures, to prevent unauthorized access to the system.
- Access is limited to AKOi employees and third-party service providers who need to know the information in order to process the information, subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may result in disciplinary action or dismissal if they fail to meet these obligations.
Information safety is very important to us. We will do everything possible to protect your personal data. With the above protective measures, especially encrypted storage and transmission, your data is as secure as possible. Certain details of the encrypted data cannot be accessed by anyone but you.
5. Personal Information under the Age of 18
Our AKOi is intended for adult use and not for users under the age of 18. We do not knowingly solicit or collect information from children under the age of 18 without the consent of the adult responsible for the child. If we become aware that a child under the age of 18 has provided us with information without the consent of a responsible adult, please contact us at email@example.com and we will remove that information and terminate your account.
7. Management of Personal Information
You may also request information about whether we hold any of your personal information. You can manage your account settings or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access, correction, update, or deletion of your account or personal information. We will respond to all requests regarding your personal information within 30 days.